Saturday, January 16, 2010

Motorcycle Insurance Write Offs DVLA Say I Must Provide Evidence That I Replaced My Motorcycle Engine - But Will A Letter From A Mechanic Do?

DVLA say i must provide evidence that i replaced my motorcycle engine - but will a letter from a mechanic do? - motorcycle insurance write offs

I bought a Honda 100 cc motorcycle and want to save XR125 motor in it. Before they changed the rules that was no problem, but now it is.
I received a letter that I am proof that it was made must provide.
The engine was bought off eBay and installed by me, so I can provide a letter from a garage. I am either the AA or RAC to do these types of inspections of bicycles. I have not bought the car, with the XR125 motor in it. And my insurance requires that the vehicle is controlled by it, without such proof.
The only thing is that it may seem, take the car to my local mechanic / garage and ask them a letter, basically I have the XR125 motor vehicles studied (including cars and write all the details of the vehicle) is installed.
What other options do I have

4 comments:

knownout said...

Yes, I think thats about it .. To .. City Motor Model and serial number might be better if ITV registers a dealer.

Zimmer said...

It was an official form, which you have graduated from Swansea, and when they receive the new number on your registration form. If you bought a bicycle and was realized not satisfied with his performance, then, that the engine number, not only in the registration form that does not return.

John K said...

Can you photograph the engine number and VIN numbers on the bike together? They also provide information on the acquisition of the engine of eBay? And MOT certificate? If the number of new? I hope this helps give you some ideas?

andy w said...

Make a testing station approved and must certify that you have to propose a different engine from the current system.
Also details of the operation of Ebay.

Post a Comment